A simple white bean dip with Parmesan cheese, rosemary and roasted garlic!
I like to keep recipes for quick and easy appetizers to keep you entertained or to make potlucks during the holidays, and bean dips like this roasted garlic Parmesan dip fit the bill perfectly! Bean dips are as easy to make as bean puree with a few extra flavors and/or spices in a food processor! You can easily throw it together at the last minute and be ready to chat or walk out the door! It’s a white bean dip with mild roasted garlic, parmesan cheese and rosemary and a touch of lemon! This is such a simple flavor combination and yet so good! Another great thing about bean-based dips like this is that they are light and healthy and not only tasty, quick and easy, but also perfect for a New Year’s party after all these hard holidays!
White bean dip with garlic and Parmesan
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Duration: 10 Minutes
- Servings: 6
- 2 (15-ounce) cans Cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 garlic cloves, toasted-link this
- 1/4 Cup Parmigiano reggiano (parmesan cheese), grated
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil to taste
Mash everything in a food processor and add as much olive oil as necessary to achieve the desired consistency!
Tip: Roasted garlic in a slow cooker is much easier to make than roasted garlic! – link these
- Option: replace the roasted garlic with or 2 chopped/grated fresh garlic cloves!
- Option: add a pinch of Cayenne pepper for a touch of warmth!
- Option: serve with a drizzle of olive oil and/or chopped persil!
Nutritional Information: calories 204, fat 3 g (saturated 1 g, Trans 0), cholesterol 3 mg, Sodium 72 mg, Carbohydrates 31 g (fiber 6 g, sugar 0.5 g), protein 12 g.